Monday, December 28, 2009

The Lee Bros - Southern Cookbook


“The Lee Bros Southern Cooking”
I received this book as a gift last year, and what a gift this book is! The “Lee Bros.” have written a superb southern cookbook, complete, of course, with a wide array of great recipes. The thing that makes this book stand out, however, are all of the photos and stories included throughout the pages. This is not your traditional southern cookbook; it’s a southern cookbook on steroids. Just a few of my favorite recipes are the “Mint Julep,” “Fried Green Tomatoes with Buttermilk Lime Dressing” and several different boiled peanuts recipes just to name few – you just can’t pick a favorite. This book reminds of my days when I lived in the Alabama, and as a southerner I know my people’s food. The “Lee Bros.” have shown the rest of the world what southern cooking is all about – great flavors, great ingredients, spending time with family and sharing great stories. This is a must to add your cookbook collection.
By: Chris McGowen

No comments:

Post a Comment